Monday, November 17, 2008

Broccoli Casserole

2 TBS margarine
1/2 C onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
3 C broccoli, chopped
1/2 C water
1/2 C cheese, cubed or shredded
1 can cream of chicken soup
cooked chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces (optional)

Saute onion and garlic in butter. Add broccoli. Add water and simmer, covered for 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently. Add cheese and soup. Stir until cheese starts to melt. Place in a greased oven safe pan. Cook uncovered at 400 degrees fahrenheit for 30 minutes. Make sure the casserole is one inch lower than the top of the pan, as it sometimes boils over.

1 comment:

LittleFamilyJL said...

Marseille, I just looked at this blog and think you must be the better homemaker version of me!

1- We also had Broccoli Casserole tonight.

2- We also make homemade Costa Vida (but I'd love to hear how you do yours!)

3- We are also frequent eaters of the giant oven pancakes (though we call ours Hootin' Annie Pancakes, a recipe from Joel's sister's aunt-in-law, twice removed....)

4- Homemade pizza. Mmmmm.....

It's quite uncanny, really. But I'm so glad I found this blog so I can get some more yummy recipes from you!!!