Friday, September 11, 2009

CK sound, clocks and #1

Last year we did a co-op preschool using mothergoosetime (look it up, it was great!!) This year I didn't have anyone to do a co-op with, but am happy about it because I realize now that it would have been hard with a new baby. This year it is just me and my little guy one-on-one while the baby is sleeping. Here is a website I use: http://letteroftheweek.com/ Here's how the last two weeks went:
Monday: write letter C, and number one worksheets (he needs practice writing, so this is what we are focusing on this year. http://www.beginningreading.com/Alphabet%20Set%201.htm
Tuesday: write letter K worksheet, highlight CK combo in hickory, dickory dock poem.
Wednesday: storytime at library, piano lessons (learning middle C, D- find them on the piano and practice 1 song).
Thursday-off
Friday-off
Monday-off
Tuesday- practice writing CK together (I made 4 big boxes on a plain white piece of paper), read "The Clock" by Trent Duffy (a history about telling time. We just read the info about the pictures)
Wednesday-storytime at library, piano lessons (learning B, add 1 more song to learn and work on rhythm)
Thursday- write the word "clock" 3 times (I made 3 big boxes on a plain white piece of paper and wrote "clock" in all caps at the top), read "Starting off with Time" by Peter Patilla (how to tell time, other time concepts. Some things were too advanced, we just focused on things his level. It would have been fun to make our own clock (with a brad to move the hands) to practice telling time, but I didn't get around to it.
Friday-test day: I divided the paper in thirds. He had to write C, K, 1 in separate columns, 3 times. Read: "My Grandmother's Clock" by Geraldine McCaughrean.

No comments: