Monday, September 21, 2009

Homemade Costa Vida/Cafe Rio

Tomatillo Ranch Salad dressing
*makes 1 Quart
*recipe from http://www.favfamilyrecipes.com/ , with my variations
1 packet Ranch mix (I used Western Family)
1 c. mayonnaise
1 c. buttermilk (I used 1 C milk+1 TBS lemon juice, letting it sit 10 mins)
2 tomatillos, remove husk, diced
1/2 bunch of fresh cilantro
1 clove garlic
juice of 1 lime (1 time I used 2 TBS lemon juice)
1 jalepeno (if you like it milder, just remove the seeds)
Mix all ingredients together in the blender.
*freezes well, just stir well with a fork after it defrosts in the fridge (do not microwave!!)
*The longer it sits for, the spicer it will be...(you might want to make it a day in advance) but I wouldn't leave it in the fridge longer than a week...no preservatives.

Easy Sweet Pork:
1-1 1/2 lbs pork (I use boneless porkribs...less than $1.50/lb.)
1 C salsa (I use Western Family)
1 C brown sugar
Cook in crockpot until shredable. (3-4 hrs on High) Shred. Mix in with juices in crockpot.
*Thanks Jessica!

1 comment:

Richard & Natalie said...

Marseille, thanks for posting this Sweet Pork recipe. I am trying it today and can't wait to see how it turns out!