Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Letter E, Eyes (5 senses, part 1)

Sing 'Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes'
Read...
I See, You Saw by Nurit Karlin
I Can Read with My Eyes Shut by Dr. Suess
Short "e" and Long "e" Play a game by Jane Belk Moncure
Poem: Eyes by Katrina Lybbert
Some eyes are blue, some eyes are brown,
Eyes can look up, eyes can look down,
Eyes can blink, and wink, and stare,
Come look with me, what's over there?
My eyes see flowers on a hill,
They see a bird with a yellow bill,
Across the road I see a tree,
Among the blossoms sweet, a bee!
I look at you, you look at me,
There are many things that eyes can see,
Can you see all of these things too?
Eyes are important, so true, so true.
Sight word: see
Activity: Have child draw a big circle to be a face. Have them draw two smaller circles to be the eyes. Save this face to add the other body parts.
Activity: Blind fold child and lead them around the yard, talking about how some people can't see

No comments: